Thursday, February 2, 2012

Brookies Oatmeal Cookies!

So this recipe isn't really mine, meaning I didn't make it up, but I have made these cookies with this recipe for almost 8 years now. Every time I have made them, something always changes! Whether it is forgetting baking soda, not enough sweetener, crumbly cookies, or perfect amount of spices, yummy flavor, good consistency!
A few days ago I am pretty sure my family agreed that this was the best batch of oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever made! I have been looking forward to sharing this recipe with y'all and I finally am! Here she be:

                                                              These are all of our ingredients:
                                                              3/4 cup canola oil/butter
                                                              2 eggs
                                                              1 cup sugar
                                                              1 cup brown sugar   
            (I have almost always used 1 cup of honey instead of using sugar and brown sugar                                                                          (cause my mom is a health nut)you can go either way).     
                                                              1 T vanilla
                                                              Pinch of salt
                                                              1 teaspoon baking soda
                                                              1 T nutmeg
                                                              2 T cinnamon
                                                              1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
                                                              3 1/2 cup oats
                                                              1 cup raisins (optional)
                                                              1/2 cup dried coconut (optional)
                                                              1/2 cup nuts (optional, any work)
                                                                 
                                                               Mix them all together!!!

           Now oil your pan and roll out any sized balls of batter that you want... just be sure to make them all the same size so that they cook evenly in the oven at 350* F for 12-15 minutes.
  Once slightly brown, pull pan out of oven and let cookies cool for 2 minutes in pan so that they don't fall apart as you try to take them out of the pan. Then you can slide the cookies onto a cooling rack and enjoy with a glass of milk!

3 comments:

Laine said...

I love oatmeal cookies!! And the pictures are great, good job! <3

mattea kiriel said...

Hey look! Brookie rhymes with cookie!

(Just thought I'd have a ditsy moment to keep the tradition of 3..er 4...girls, 3 pizzas alive :p)

brooke slack said...

lol thanks! my family (Jordan) always bribes me to make them. I did a few nights ago while my dad is on a juice fast and poor father was suffering! :P