Thursday, November 8, 2012

Avo-choco-nutto Milkshake

I've found it.

I'm never going back.

World, let me introduce you to my true love:

Avo-choco-nutto milkshake.

An adaption of a recipe I found on here, this is probably the absolute best thing ever. In my own words, "this is my lunch for ever and ever."

Speaking of lunch, that's what I just ate. In fact, my glass is empty beside me and, one moment, I'm going to refill it. Okay, I'm back, and my mouth and the straw are once more inseparable.

There's something you should know about me. Actually, a few things.

1. I really don't like guacamole...I'm sorry, I really don't. I like the idea of guac, but eating it is a different story.

2. I love chocolate

3. I love peanut butter.

4. Chocolate and peanut butter together are heaven...but no, you wouldn't ruin it with an avocado!?


No, and yes. I put an avocado in my shake, and no, it did not ruin it. It is seriously, absolutely the most delicious shake I've ever had. And it's sugar free. Woohoo!

Do something good for yourself today, replace a sweet or treat with this shake. Ah, I just love it.

I won't be able to let you know how wonderful it is until you've tried it. So do. Right now.

How to concoct this delicious shake?

Half of a ripe avocado
1 1/4 cup of whole-fat milk
2 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons of raw cocao powder
A few drops of vanilla stevia
A handful of ice cubes

Throw all the ingredients in a blender and pulse and smoothie away till it's all nicely combined--pour into your favorite glass and drink away!

This made a little more than two adult sized lunch servings. And as long as I have access to avocados, I will be drinking this heavenly shake.

4 comments:

Delvalina said...

It sounds so delish Maryah! Thanks for sharing :)

Andrew said...

Sounds good! The chocolate and avocado together sound Mexican-ish to me.

Laine said...

You're very welcome, Delvalina!

Andrew, perhaps a little cayenne would perfect this. :o)

Laine said...

That's okay Emily, my best friend hates peanut butter so I've come to understand that perhaps not EVERYONE will have my love for peanut butter. But you could definitely try this without peanut butter, or almond butter instead!