I've been making meringues for a few years and they never seem to fail...except for that one time, but that doesn't really count. :)
The critical part in this recipe is to make sure you whip the whites long enough or you'll end up with floppy meringues, remember that one time meringues failed me, ahem, I mean, I failed them?
What you want after adding the sugar.
Meringues are easy to make and even easier to eat!
Ingredients:
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips (I like the semisweet chips for this recipe)
Go:
1. Preheat oven 300˚ F.
2. Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. If you don't beat them good enough here then there is no saving them later on.
3. Slowly add the sugar, about a tablespoon at a time; beat until you have some beautiful stiff peaks and the mixture becomes glossy.
4. Gently fold in the cocoa and chocolate chips til nicely combined. It is best done with a rubber spatula.
5. Drop the mixture onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. You can make them all uniform and everything but I prefer freestyle. :)
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Store in an airtight container, they're even better the next day. Enjoy!
~Maryah
9 comments:
great great job, can't wait to try to make them!!!
Thanks Mariah!
y'all should consider following the new RESART blog mwahahaha!
http://resartrescue.blogspot.com/2011/08/resart.html
Could you girls find out some sort of recipe that's simple, high cal, and can be cooked on a forge?
Isaac, thats not the point here...thank you-moving on....
Maryah-you need to make some of these right now!
THEY LOOK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! :)
Brookie! They are really good! :) Thanks!
Post a Comment